Digital Transformation and Customer Centricity
Digital Transformation Office Initiatives
- The Supplier Experience (SX) initiative, which the JG Summit Digital Transformation Office (DTO) supported since its pilot with Universal Robina Corporation in 2019, has grown its SX community to include JG Summit Olefins Corporation and Robinsons Land Corporation. The SX squads have since championed agile transformation and promoted ecosystem synergy within the conglomerate. The JG Summit DTO guides the squads in designing a seamless, accessible supplier experience via the supplier portal, which aims to increase process efficiency in the source-to-pay landscape.
- The JG Summit DTO leveraged data and technology and digital best practices to deliver business outcomes:
- Scaled research operations by creating a conglomerate-wide platform for engaging with customers efficiently. This empowered business units with quick generation of actionable insights for their products and services.
- Supported business units in integrating customer data and implementing marketing automation to increase customer loyalty and improve internal productivity.
- Guided Robinsons Bank in creating Rkansya®, a digital product that acts as an account holder’s piggy bank, through a design thinking process that understood how customers dealt with their finances.
- Equipped JG Summit Corporate HR to make faster and data-driven decisions for talent management. Developed analytics tools to drive actionable insights related to employee attrition, performance, development, collaboration, and engagement.
- The JG Summit DTO developed digital awareness, fluency, and competency.
- Disseminated Knowledge at Scale
- Introduced Data for Everyone, a foundational course that catered to all competency levels across the conglomerate.
- The second run of Unbox Extra: An Innovation Festival—with the theme “Voice of the Customer: Are You Listening?”—revealed the culture required to become customer-centric in all parts of the organization. It brought inspiration from startup founders, thought leaders, well-loved brands, and speakers from the conglomerate.
- Teach in 15, a weekly 15-minute conglomerate-wide informal sharing session, exposes the conglomerate to topics such as agile, data, retail, visual design, technology, productivity, and leadership.
- Established More Learning Communities in 2022
- Data Analytics Community of Interest for general understanding of the application of analytics in the business
- Data Analytics Community of Practice for promoting innovation among data practitioners
- Capability-Building Programs
- Customized capability-building programs according to business unit needs, and designed programs to build digital careers:
- Design Thinking 101
- Agile 101
- Analytics Translator Bootcamp
- Introduced AWS Landing Zone as an alternative to our primary cloud provider, Azure, to ensure costs remain competitive.
- Implemented Infrastructure Digital Command Center to address issues proactively which significantly reduced end user-reported tickets.
- Leveraged the Mendix Low Code platform to develop and roll out front-end applications for timekeeping (SimpliTime) and payments (SimpliRFP).
- Expanded the “UI Path Robotics Process Automation” solution, resulting in 4 Bots working in the BUs Maggie (URC), Pacman (Aspen), Ernie & Bert (RRHI).
- Implemented Cloud Email security solution to improve the conglomerate’s security posture.
- Enabled business operations and decisions through the development and rollout of more dashboards across Finance, Procurement, and HR/People use cases.
Employee Experience Initiatives
- Pulsed our people’s needs through seamless employee listening initiatives and targeted our employee engagement actions via analytics.
- Improved employee services via digitalization
- Through our internal online Employee Service Portal, we provided access to efficient employee services, saving an average of 6.5 man-days per service in processing time, with a 92% employee satisfaction rate.
- To provide a delightful employee experience across the group, we expanded the utilization of the Darwinbox human resource management platform, which has modules in Recruitment, Performance, Career Development, etc. to more business units such as Robinsons Bank Corporation and Universal Hotels and Resorts Inc.
- Embraced the hybrid environment to engage and recognize our people
- We built connections with each other through groupwide and localized engagement and recognition initiatives.
- We adapted by socializing our values and culture through hybrid events that were accessible to both onsite and online participants, resulting in better choices for our people.
- Fostered the health and well-being of our people
- To support the physical and mental health of our employees, we continued to improve our office spaces and include areas where people can work, eat, and relax.
- We continued to provide our employees with medical teleconsultation services that cover both COVID and non-COVID cases, including mental health.
- Aside from these, monthly webinars were conducted on diverse well-being topics from subject matter experts.
Click to see initiatives of our business units